Sunday, January 29, 2017

Happy Birthday!

It was just a year ago today that I published "Life with our feet under water" on Amazon. I've been delighted at the way it's sold over that year, far beyond my expectations. Obviously, it's been met with a mixture of opinions, but happily most of the reviews have been good. From...

and...


to...


I knew the quotes wouldn't appeal to everyone, but then, what will? Some people said they liked them. I think Mr Walker missed the story altogether. (I'd like to point out that I've never taught him, so his defamation of my teaching skills are not founded.) But I'm probably not putting quotes in the sequel, which I'm working on at the moment. In my mind, they're not that important. I just thought they'd add an amusing oddness. Or odd amusement.

The sequel's called "Moving home with our feet under water". I don't go in for short titles. It's shifted shape several times since I started writing it, so I'll be interested to see how it comes out. But I'm enjoying it, though I'm not going to hurry it at all. I'll savour it slowly, like a good wine.

"Hints and tips for life with your feet under water" - yes, a bit of a mouthful - hasn't made much of an impact on the Amazon market yet, but I have every faith in it. It's aimed at a smaller readership than the other two - novices and wannabes - so I can expect less sales of this one. But it was given a very good review on Cruising the Cut's Christmas vlog, so the word's out there!

I tell you what, though. Though it's very gratifying to have people buy my books, and the additional income's appreciated, too, it's the writing itself I enjoy the most. Sales are icing on the cake. Life on Kantara has given me the time to write, and a terrific setting for doing the job. I'm a lucky man.

Details of the books can be found on Amazon, where you can read a taster for free before you decide to buy - which I hope you will!

===================================

The cold snap seems to be over now. It's pouring with rain across most of the UK, and it's time to get back to Kantara. We've done all sorts of useful jobs here in the house. It's been time well spent. But the boat's calling, and we have things to do there, places to go and people to meet. The next chapter starts here!

====================================









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!