Saturday, October 24, 2015

The stove is alight...

...the boat's warm and snug, the drinks are hot and there's fresh cake to be eaten. It's one of those days. Grey and gloomy, wet and windy ever since we woke up, with no promise of changing for the better for some days. So we're in for the day. Dry and cosy. Like most boaters, I should imagine. I have to fill the water tank, so that'll be a wet task unless I can find a suitable break in the rain. It's tipping it down at the moment.

NB Wreyland arrived back yesterday, but has been sent to a different berth, just up the pontoon from us. A shame, but we do have our decent view from the starboard windows back again.

In grim weather the other day, we went to see The Martian 3D.
"When astronauts blast off from the planet Mars, they leave behind Mark Watney, presumed dead after a fierce storm. With only a meager amount of supplies, the stranded visitor must utilize his wits and spirit to find a way to survive on the hostile planet. Meanwhile, back on Earth, members of NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring him home, while his crew mates hatch their own plan for a daring rescue mission."
I loved it. I wasn't expecting to, but I did. The 3D is effective, but not intrusive. The storyline is simple, but full of drama and tension. The acting is brilliant, and the direction first class.
We missed The Secret Life of Walter Mitty when it was on the big screens a few years ago. Zoverstocks sold it to me for under £2.
"Walter Mitty, an employee at Life magazine, spends day after monotonous day developing photos for the publication. To escape the tedium, Walter inhabits a world of exciting daydreams in which he is the undeniable hero. Walter fancies a fellow employee named Cheryl, and would love to date her, but he feels unworthy. However, he gets a chance to have a real adventure when Life's new owners send him on a mission to obtain the perfect photo for the final print issue."
Until recently, I've not been keen on Ben Stiller. I'd only ever seen him in "silly" films, playing silly roles, and I found him tiresome. In this, he was great.

Hmmm... we now have a blocked drain in the shower room. We still need water, and it''s still precipitating. I need to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!