Tuesday, June 05, 2012


OK, OK, I know I was wishing for rain some weeks ago, but this seems just a little silly for June!




Full details are here.


Still, the canal level is very high, although I believe the reservoirs still need a lot of replenishing, so our wishes there have come true. There is one neighbouring moorer who doesn't like the rain, and blames me for it!


It's cold, too! And windy! I really feel for folk at the final day of the Boat Show - it was dreadful on Sunday, too. Still, it's snug and dry in Kantara. We've got the stove on today, but only because we have washing to get dry. It is cold out there, for the time of year, but we're having to have doors and windows open to stop overheating!


So it's Scrabble and DVDs and odd jobs. We're in no hurry - I gave that up when I retired!


Yesterday evening, there was a barbecue here for moorers, and it was another excellent opportunity to get to know each other, and to chat. Two hours of chat and food and drink, followed by two hours of quiz. Lots of fun, lots of laughs. A marquee full of boaters... and it was clear and sunny outside! Ironic, or what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!